Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cebu exporters see strong recovery

By Katlene O. Cacho

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

THE export industry in Cebu is seeing strong recovery this year on the back of the improving economic conditions in the US and Europe, an official of the Confederation of Philippine Exporters Foundation (Philexport) Cebu said yesterday.

According to Philexport Cebu executive director Fred Escalona, although the US and Europe economies are not improving drastically, there are already signs of market recovery and confidence as shown in the stability of their stock markets so far.

Residential Hub of Cebu Rich & Famous, click here

“We are on our road to recovery. Exciting times are coming,” Escalona said at the sidelines of the Economic and Investor Confidence Forum organized by the Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry in partnership with the Philippine Stock Exchange at the Cebu City Marriott Hotel.

Escalona said the export industry in general has “bottomed-out” in terms of problems, but he noted the soaring fuel prices have remained to be a challenge in terms of recovery.

“But of course, we have a low-interest regime purposely done to stimulate growth,” Escalona said.

Escalona’s views on industry recovery were reinforced by Philexport president Venus
Genson, who attended the Manila Fame last week.

“The show was good for us, specifically for the furniture industry. There were buyers we never expected to come again,” said Genson, who owns, Art ‘n Nature Manufacturing Corp.

Genson noted there were buyers from the US, South America, Korea and Japan.

“That was one good show, we expect an increase on booked orders as manifested by the interests and inquiries of buyers during the three-day trade show,” she said.

Unity

Genson added if there was one positive thing that came out from the economic crisis is the unity and convergence of export companies.

“It brought unity to the country’s export industry despite the risks and problems we are facing,” she said.

Manila Fame is one of the longest running trade shows in Asia-Pacific. Last October, Manila Fame and three other major sourcing events in the Philippines - Manila now, CebuNext and Bijoux Cebu - merged into a single event.

This year’s Manila Fame was held last March 14-17 at the SMX Convention Center in Manila. The trade show was attended by members of the Cebu Furniture Industries Foundation, Cebu Fame and Cebu Gift Toys and Housewares Inc.

To take advantage of the expected market recovery, Escalona said the export sector will eye China market because of its rapidly-growing middle class market and increasing affluent-lifestyles.

“Philexport Cebu is currently working on the opening of a China desk. We are coming in (to China) to be a competitor not in the low-end market but on the high-end market,” Escalona said.

Good year

Trade Secretary Gregory Domingo, on the other hand, reinforced the rosier outlook this year, saying that “2012 will be a good year for the country’s economy and that there is much to look forward to this year.”

In his talk, Domingo said the country’s competitiveness has drastically improved over the years. He said that Philippines, which used to be an expensive business destination, has become cheaper compared to China.

“China-based companies are now looking elsewhere and Philippines and Indonesia are most commonly mentioned as alternative locations of their businesses,” Domingo said.

The implementation of the private-public-partnership projects and the continued positive performance of the stock market would also be significant drivers for the country to achieve its five to six percent growth target this year, Domingo said.

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on March 21, 2012.

Finex sets tax seminar

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

THE Financial Executives Institute of Cebu (Finex Cebu) will conduct a half-day tax seminar on “Latest Updates on Tax Issuance” on March 27 from 1 pm to 5 pm at Harolds Hotel on Gorordo Ave.

Tax rules are constantly changing and getting stricter. Knowing and understanding the impact of these changes is critical for proper compliance of tax obligations and full utilization of tax benefits and privileges, the group said.

Residential Hub of Cebu Rich & Famous, click here

All these and more will be addressed by Punongbayan and Araullo tax director Wendell Ganhinhin, with special participation by a Bureau of Internal Revenue official.

The attendance fee is P1,000 for Finex members and P1,200 for non-Finex members, inclusive of food, seminar materials and attendance certificate.

For reservations and other details, call t he Finex secretariat and look for Lerma Otida at 512-1143 or 0917-322-9322 or 0923-279-1816; or e-mail to
finex_cebu_bod@yahoo.com. (PR)

Filinvest defers P800-M payment because of case

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

CEBU CITY -- Filinvest Land Inc. (FLI) will withhold its 2012 payments for the South Road Properties (SRP) lots, because of encumbrances on the titles of the lots it bought from the Cebu City Government.

Titles of the lots that FLI bought have been reportedly annotated “lis pendens,” meaning there is pending litigation involving the properties, as a result of the City’s court battle with the Rallos heirs.

Residential Hub of Cebu Rich & Famous, click here


Based on the computation of the City Treasurer’s Office, FLI is due to pay the City P845.2 million in 2012.

Of the amount, P245.2 million is FLI’s fourth amortization for the lot it purchased, while the P600 million represents the City’s share of the profits from the sale of FLI’s condominium units at the SRP.

FLI informed City Hall of its decision to defer the payment in a letter sent to the Office of the Mayor, the Office of the Vice Mayor and the city councilors. Some city officials confirmed receiving a copy of the letter.

Time out

In the letter sent last March 7, FLI advised city officials that it would defer the payment until the notices of levy annotated on the SRP titles to be released to them are removed.

When sought for comment on the letter, FLI First Vice President for Visayas and Mindanao Tristan Las Marias confirmed that they will not give yet the payment that City Treasurer Ofelia Oliva demanded from them.

“The SRP joint venture agreement between Filinvest and Cebu City requires that the titles, prior to turnover to Filinvest, should be free and clear of any liens and encumbrances except the existing mortgages in favor of the Land Bank of the Philippines,” he said in a statement faxed to Sun.Star Cebu.

However, he added, Sheriff Eugenio Fuentes of the Regional Trial Court Branch 9 issued the notice of levy on the rights and interests of Cebu City on the SRP titles, to compel the City to pay the P133 million it owes the Rallos heirs.

Las Marias also clarified that the areas covered by the affected titles are those earmarked for expansion and are not yet developed or offered in the market. He specified that the two medium-rise buildings they are developing, the Amalfi Oasis and Sanremo Oasis, are not affected by the notice of levy, and have clean titles.

Questioned

Sun.Star Cebu tried calling Mayor Michael Rama on Tuesday for his comments on FLI’s letter, but calls made to his mobile phone were not answered.

In an interview, City Attorney Joseph Bernaldez said they will be drafting a legal opinion on FLI’s concerns.

He believes the City can settle the matter amicably with FLI.

“First of all, the notice of levy issued by the sheriff is highly irregular and we already questioned his actions in court today because he did not follow the procedures. Supposedly, the right to choose the property to be levied rests upon the City of Cebu, and not on the sheriff,” Bernaldez said, citing Section 39 of the Rules of Court.

He explained that when collecting money judgment, the sheriff should first seek the City’s personal properties, such as its cash on hand or cash in bank.

Failing to do that, it may opt for real properties.

If the sheriff chooses real properties, the City should be given a chance to choose what property it wants to levy, said Bernaldez.

“But what he did was siya ang nagbuot-buot unsa na (he decided, on his own, which) property to levy. The City has so many properties, so why choose the lots of Filinvest? There is clearly bad faith here. Klaro kaayo na gituyo na pilion ang lots where there is a joint venture between the City and Filinvest. There is something fishy going on here… There is a sabotage, somewhat a conspiracy,” Bernaldez said.

He said he has yet to personally see the land titles to find out if these have already been annotated.

‘Big problem’

The sheriff has issued the notice of levy on the title of a lot at the SRP for the P133 million the City owes the Rallos heirs, for using their property as a road right-of-way since 1963.

The Rallos heirs picked a 9.7-hectare SRP lot to satisfy the award.

Vice Mayor Joy Augustus Young said he considers FLI’s move a “big problem” because the City stands to lose millions.

“We have a problem here because we are losing money because of this. FLI’s sales could be affected and so will our income because we have a share in each sale they make. So I hope the mayor will also consider that we stand to lose here… He is making it a political issue at the expense of the taxpayers. Our loss is endless, we don’t know how long this will continue,” Young said.

FLI is the first developer to purchase lots at the SRP. In 2009, it signed a joint venture deal with the City for the outright sale of a 10.6-hectare area and the joint development of medium-rise residential buildings on a 40-hectare area.

Young also said challenging the Cebu City Council is a waste of time.

He was referring to the mayor’s challenge to sell some parts of the SRP, but Young said the mayor doesn’t know how to do business.

Young shares Representative Tomas Osmeña’s view that Filinvest and SM Prime Holdings Inc. should be allowed to operate their business first to boost the price per square meter of the SRP.

Cuenco

Rama, though, said he will only sell parcels of the properties as long as this can match foreseen prices.

Former congressman Antonio Cuenco acknowledged that as far as selling the SRP is concerned, it is not up to Rama or Osmeña. It is up to the council, although, both will have influence over it and Rama has the authority to approve or disapprove it.

After being a subject of a paid print advertisement that says he is against the SRP, Cuenco told Sun.Star Cebu that he has been a supporter of the SRP from the start.

He pointed out he was with Osmeña and former congressman Raul del Mar when they sought the approval of the SRP from the National Economic Development Authority, then headed by Solita Monsod.

When Talisay City tried to stake a claim at the SRP, Cuenco said he was primarily responsible for getting then justice secretary Raul Gonzales to make a ruling that Cebu City owns the entire SRP.

Cuenco explained that he supported a proposal to conduct a congressional inquiry on the joint venture contract of the Cebu City Government and FLI to ferret out the truth.

That should not be taken as an affront to the SRP because the issue was on the contract, he said.

‘Excess’

Also on Tuesday, a Cebu City Hall lawyer said the February 27 order of Judge James Stewart Ramon Himalaloan should be reversed for being “unprocedural” and being issued “in excess of discretion.”

Leslie Ann Reyes, one of city lawyers, outlined three key points why Himalaloan, acting presiding judge of the Regional Trial Court Branch 9, should reconsider his order requiring the two depository banks of the City Hall to release their correct account numbers.

“We cannot see any reason why the court has to require the banks to release their correct account numbers,” Reyes said during the hearing of the motion for reconsideration the City Hall filed.

The order directed the Philippine Veterans Bank and Philippine Postal Savings Bank to release in five days the correct account numbers of the City Hall.

This is still in relation to the Rallos case.

During the hearing, Reyes cited a Commission on Audit letter dated October 27, 2011, which mentioned Sec. 1, Rule 7 of the 2009 Revised Rules of Procedures. It stated that “a money judgment is considered a wrong claim,” which is within the original jurisdiction of COA.

Reyes said the move of Court Sheriff Eugene Fuentes -- in simultaneously scheduling the public auction of the SRP lot and garnishing the accounts of City in its depository banks -- was “arbitrary” and done with “evident bad faith, and with grave abuse of authority.” (With Jujemay G. Awit and Gerome M. Dalipe/Sun.Star Cebu)

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on March 21, 2012.

Filinvest should not withhold payments for SRP, City Hall says

By Princess Dawn H. Felicitas

Thursday, March 22, 2012

FILINVEST Land Inc. (FLI) should not withhold its 2012 payments for the lots it bought at the South Road Properties (SRP) because of the case involving the Cebu City Government and the heirs of Fr. Vicente Rallos, an official said.

Lawyer Janesis Ponce, one of the City’s legal counsels in the Rallos case, said FLI has no legal grounds for withholding its payment to the City.

Learn What's new in Cebu now, click here


In an interview yesterday, Ponce said FLI can withhold its payment to the City if the lot it bought at the SRP has “defects,” which may include absence of titles and improper titling, among others.

“If that’s the case, then that is a legal ground for them to withhold payment because that’s a fault on the part of the City. But particularly for this (Rallos) matter, they are withholding the payment due to a case totally unrelated to their contract with the City,” he said.

But as stated in the joint venture agreement the City Government and FLI entered into on Feb. 3, 2009, the City has to turn over the properties sold to FLI without any lien.

“Cebu City shall sell and transfer to Filinvest, by executing and delivering Deeds of Absolute Sale, and Filinvest shall purchase and acquire from Cebu City, the sale properties free of all liens, charges and encumbrances of any kind, including the cancellation of the LandBank of the Philippines mortgage…,” Section 18 of the contract says.

The titles of the lots that FLI bought have been reportedly annotated “lis pendens,” meaning there is pending litigation involving the properties, as a result of the City’s court battle with the Rallos heirs.

Based on the computation of the City Treasurer’s Office, FLI is due to pay the City P845.2 million for this year.

Of the amount, P245.2 million is FLI’s fourth amortization for the lot it purchased, while the P600 million represents the City’s share of the profits from the sale of FLI’s condominium units at the SRP.

FLI already informed City Hall that it will be deferring the payment to the City until the notices of levy annotated on the SRP titles to be released to them are removed.

Ponce opined that FLI should pay the City, saying that the levy is not an encumbrance to the property itself.

He said that the notice of levy issued by Sheriff Eugenio Fuentes of the Regional Trial Court Branch 9 is “null and void.”

The City Attorney’s Office questioned in court last Tuesday the issuance of the notice of levy, but the judge has yet to rule on the matter.

Ponce said it should be the City, and not the court, who will identify properties to satisfy, if ever the City will pay, the P133 million it owes the Ralloses.

“Their order is questionable,” he said.

The court ordered the public auction of some 9.7 hectares at the SRP, to satisfy the P133 million the City owes the heirs of Fr. Vicente Rallos for using the family’s property in Barangay Sambag 2 as road-right-of-way since 1963.

The subject lot is reportedly part of the 50.6-hectare residential and commercial development project being undertaken by FLI.

Mayor Michael Rama, who was in Palo, Leyte yesterday, said he will be talking with the City Legal Office and the City Treasurer’s Office to discuss FLI’s decision to withhold payments.

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on March 22, 2012.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WIN a Brand New Toyota Vios



Add Image









WIN a Brand New Toyota Vios

- For every sales in One Pavilion Unit
- more Sales More CHANCE to WIN
- other prizes: Multicab, and Many More
- for more info see Promo Mechanics






(4 DAYS 3 NIGHTS) TRIP TO SINGAPORE PROMO

- for every 2bedroom, villa, penthouse unit sold
- seller is entitle for (1) slot for 4d3n to Singapore
- there is no limit to number of slot for Singapore
- promo period March 1 to April 30,2012

:) happy Our Congratulations!!! To all Qualifier for our 4Days 3Nights Trip to HongKong


Sales Activity:

- Join Us with your Buyer - Open House March 31 (Sat) 2pm to 6pm
- For every buyer purchase during our Open House, they get LCD TV on there Unit during turn over period



PS: Please check GPP Office for the Rules & Mechanics of the Promo's & Incentives.



Join Us with your Agents & New Recruits, Product Knowledge Seminar (PKS) Schedules

- March 20
(Tuesday) 130pm
- March 22 (Thursday) 130pm
- venue GoldPeach Office, B. Rodriguez St. Cebu City
- For more information, pls call GoldPeach Office 5160998 | 09228140435



Other Incentives Program:

Brokers & Agents Incentives Program

1) Commission 5% is release pro-rata monthly basis
2) Closing Incentives is 10,000 per unit
3) Performance Incentives is 80,000 per 5 units sold (see mechanics)
4) Raffle Ticket for every unit sold & Win Gadgets/Appliances
5) 4Days & 3Nigths Trip to Singapore for every unit sold 2br,villa,PH

And OWN One Pavilion Place (1) Unit of 1 bedroom for the special challenge package for Partner Brokers/Agents, more info ask GPP Office.

For more information, pls call GoldPeach Office 5160998 | 09228140435


Happy Selling :) happy


"Life has no limitations, except the ones you make." -- Les Brown

OTHER LINKS