Below is the List Of Major Fault Lines Of the Philippines.
1. Marikina Valley Fault (Montalban-San Mateo-Marikina-Pasig-Taguig-Muntinlupa-S… Pedro-Binan-Carmona-Santa Rosa-Calamba-Tagaytay-Oriental Mindoro)
2. Western Philippine Fault (Luzon Sea-Mindoro Strait-Panay Gulf-Sulu Sea)
3. Eastern Philippine Fault (Philippine Sea)
4. Southern of Mindanao Fault (Moro Gulf-Celebes Sea)
5. Central Philippine Fault (Entire Ilocos Norte-Aurora-Quezon-Masbate-Eastern Leyte-Southern Leyte-Agusan Del Norte-Agusan Del Sur-Davao del Norte)
*The earthquake that destroyed Guinsaugon is the Central Philippine Fault
*The 1990 earthquake that destroyed Central Luzon and Baguio is also the Central Philippine Fault.
Of these, the MARIKINA VALLEY FAULT poses the greatest danger because it custs through all the modern and progressive portions of Manila such as Eastwood, Rockwell, Ortigas Center, Bonifacio Global City, Ayala Center, and Alabang. Also, the PhiVolcs people have warned that this fault line can move anytime because it is already “11 years late” for its movement.
Do analyze the figure provided below:
Figure A Tectonic setting of the Marikina Valley fault system (MVFS) in central Luzon, The Philippines. In A, subduction zone trenches are shown by white barbed lines and other faults with high rates of Quaternary activity by heavy black lines. White dots show locations of recent earthquakes on the Philippine fault in Luzon (magnitude 7.8; 1990) and the Aglubang River fault in Mindoro (magnitude 7.1; 1994).
Figure B shows how the Marikina Valley pull-apart basin (MVPB) may have been formed through extension caused by clockwise rotation (dashed circle) and shearing of this part of central Luzon, which is caught between two active left-lateral strike-slip faults–the Philippine fault and the Lubang fault. A zone of extension and young volcanism has also influenced the
structural development of the valley.
Philippines are in the Pacific ring of fire,there are so many Major Faults in the country, and we have to trenches surrounding both sides of our country the first one is located at the South China Sea and the other one is called the Philippine trench which is located at the right side of our country, facing the pacific ocean.